Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Library Thing #16 LibraryWorm #117

LibWorm - I've had this as part of my professional bookmarks since it was started and use it as a source when looking for library information.

Library Thing I love you! It's hard to keep up with favorite authors and books when you read constantly, don't own the books and your library record is wiped clean every time you return a book. I was just having a conversation with two other librarians and none of us can tell you the title of the particular book we happen to be reading, the author yes, the plot yes, the subject matter, yes, but not the title. My problem is compunded when I'm reading a book and listening to another. Not only do I forget the titles, but am confounded for a moment or two when I start reading or listening expecting the thread of whatever I last heard or read.

I read about a book a week, yet could only remember about a dozen I'd read recently when entering titles into LibraryThing. The recommendations in LibraryThing following a book title reminded me of other books I have read and authors I love.

Can't wait to go home and add more titles. On to the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment