Thursday, July 16, 2009

One of millions

Took the plunge this week and joined Facebook - not only am I one of millions (thank goodness it's not as big as the national debt) BUT the fastest growing demographic on Facebook is women over 55 - there are now nearly 1.5 million of us active on Facebook each month. It is still a small percentage (3%) of users overall but still impressive.



I was just relieved that a few people (under 1.5 million) answered my plea to be a friend. It felt like begging and the old fear of being snubbed from elementary, middle & high schools reared it's ugly head.

Also had to get over the yuck factor from years of observing creepy people in the library viewing strangers' photos on the social network sites. The last altercation I had was a family looking in horror at "creepy fedora man" talking on his cell phone to a woman on a web camera. Who knows what he was saying - I told him to hang up but I really wanted to yell at the woman - what are you thinking??? Why don't these women realize that they are talking to jobless, possibly homeless men that have time to look at these sites all day long.

So far I like blogging on this site a lot more than messing with Facebook but that might change with time and having more time when I retire.

Don't talk to strangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment