Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things 6 & 7

In keeping with the travel theme most of the selected sites for my Google Reader are in the newly created travel folder. I also selected a word for the day, including pronunciation. In the last three days I've learned the meanings of louche (of questionable or immoral taste), sartorial (relating to a tailor) and ineffable (incapable of being expressed). In order to get more out of this exercise I will create viable sentences using these three words. After reading a recent article in the New York Times entitled "Watching Whales Watching Us" my feelings were ineffable: the interaction of the whales with humans was often not initiated by the humans but by the whales. How must the whales think of us and our sartorial styles; all they wear are barnacles and orange sea lice. How must they perceive our louche behavior as compared to their straightforward lives?

Update: I have added many RSS feeds to my Google Reader as I find them - just added one for Google Documents after doing # 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment